Thanksgiving 2004

It was that time of year again. And I have a lot to be thankful for. So I went to mass Thanksgiving day to give praise and thanks.

During mass, our parish priest said something poignant. Thanksgiving day is not a Holy Day of Obligation, yet we have a church filled to the rafters. It was true and it was a wonderful sight to see. From years past, I knew to come early to secure a seat. Most all seats were taken at the beginning of mass, and some still stood at the back. It was a multi-lingual mass, so we were all praying and singing in different languages. Yet, we somehow understood.

I am thankful for family and friends, for good health and graces, for the roof over my head and the bed to sleep on. I am thankful for my papers being completed. Thankful for the job I had, the courage and strength to change. I am thankful for this new job I came across, the new challenges and new relationships. I am thankful!


Comments

Popular Posts