Disneyland

A welcome surprise for my Thanksgiving holiday was the opportunity to go to Disneyland on Sunday. Another opportunity to be thankful for.

And so we went, Ricky & I and some of his family. It was a perfect day to go, sunny and cool. The park was full of people, as usual. As we entered the gate, we were greeted by Mickey and Minnie. Photo opp, of course. Good start. The afternoon became even better when all the rides we took had waiting times of 30 minutes or less. So we were able to ride all the major rides and had the time to watch the Holiday parade, as well.

We did not have young children with us. In fact most of us were adults in the group. Yet, we still had fun like children, fooling around like a bunch of kids. There were so many rides I havent gone on before. I don't know if they were new additions since I was there last (say 15 years ago?), or I just never got to ride them because of the wait time. The old, traditional rides are still alive and kicking -Matterhorn Mountain, Splash Mountain, It's a Small World, Monorail, Autopia, Pirates of the Carribean, Star Tours, etc.

All of us in the group had a common observation. The rides weren't as long as we experienced them when we were younger. I guess, coupled with the short wait times we endured, everything was a snap. One fact that still holds true, and is closer to our hearts now that we are all working people, everything is expensive inside the park! Our motto for the day was, "Don't ask how much. If you like it, just buy it!"

I had fun at Disneyland. I could go back again.

Comments

Popular Posts