Travel Pool

I love to travel. Heck! That's why I got to this part of the world!

But I haven't been to Europe. This is my goal. I plan to go to London first. Get my feet a little wet with Europe in an English speaking country. I'd walk on its streets and smell the cold air. I'd visit the Queen and ride the U, eat Fish & Chips and drink some ale.

Then to get a dip in the Euro pool, I'd probable go to Spain to forcibly practice my Spanish. I'd drink Sangria and eat tapa (vegetarian available?). Watch a bull fight and have siesta (whichever comes first). Should I participate in the Running of the Bulls? Let me think about it.

As I swim a little further in my Euro pool, I'd be in Italy. I can't miss the pizza, pasta
& risotto (carb overload!) from Mama's Italiano's kitchen. I'll see Pisa (before it falls to the ground), ride a gondola, and see the Pope! Of course my trip will not be complete without watching a fashion show!

I am now on the deep end as I travel through France. I know nothing about the languange and can only cross my fingers I will be able to get around. After I see the Eiffel, you may just find me sipping tea at the Champs Elysee. Shopping would occupy my time, and a visit to the Louvre. As I tip my beret to the side and drape my scarf over one shoulder, I say "Au revoir!" to Paris and take a road trip to some province of France and experience the countryside.

I will smile as I get out of my European pool. I will write about it for sure. Then I will get inspired to plan my next dive into my Euro pool 2.

Comments

Popular Posts