Olympics 2004

I've watched the Olympics on tv this past week more than I have all my life. And the most surprising fact is, I enjoy watching the games.

Looking back, I guess growing up in Manila, where we had only a handful of athletes sent to the Olympics everytime it came up, there was really nothing much to cover. I remember reporters telling backgrounder stories of the Olympics more than the games themselves. Now I realize there ARE games to watch.

I've enjoyed watching the beach volleyball games - amazing how 4 people can play this game on sand! The diving competition has caught my eye, too. My all-time favorite are the old fashioned races - track races, marathon, and swimming. These games prove who's fastest and who's the best in their field. One races against your opponent and against the clock. I can feel the adrenalin pumping when you watch a down-to-the-wire race. I laugh at myself as I jump up and down my living room rooting for an athlete. "Come on! You can do it! Faster!" There's nothing like a race. Makes me wish I could be there.

If I was there, I wish I would be an athlete too. But this will most likely remain a wish. Closest I can be is a spectator now. Maybe in Beijing?????






Comments

Popular Posts