Bicycles and Homes

I have a new bicycle. It is an Electra cruiser. http://www.electrabike.com/04/bikes/essential/ess_6.html More specifically, its a Coaster Aluminum 3. It has the frame style of a beach cruiser only lighter because it is made of aluminum. It is silver and blue and in 3 speed. And I'm lovin' it!

Been taking advantage of the California afternoon sun, riding every afternoon when I come home from work. The wind in your face is such a great stress relief. It has not failed to put a smile to my face and relive tensions in my body!

Riding through the streets of my neighborhood also lets my mind wander and dream once again. It gives me an excuse to be nosy - looking at other people's homes, seeing how they live. Letting each home tell me about its occupants, just by looking at their yard, their junk, the facade of their houses. I ride and imagine what I would like my home to be like, to look like. I wish someday I may have a house I can call my own.

If that day would come, I decided I would like a very simple garden of grass. That's it. No exotic plants, flowers or shrubs. Simple grass is all I want. A neatly mowed lawn is always nice to come home to.

Next, I'd like the facade to be cleanly painted. Driveway swept up, free of clutter. The garage has one main purpose - it should house my vehicle. No car in the driveway, exposed to the sun and rain. No garage as a storage space. My view is, if you have to store something it must be temporary with at time specific deadline. Otherwise, get rid of it.

I haven't gotten to the interior of the house yet. I need to ride my bike more.

Comments

Popular Posts