Knitting

I took up a new distraction (a.k.a. hobby) - Knitting.  I'm just going with the flow of the season.  As it is getting colder here, scarves, afghans and shawls are coming out.  Target has been displaying Knitting kits - all you need to know to make a scarf, a beanie or even a little purse!  It has caught my eye for several weeks and I finally took the plunge last Tuesday.  I bought myself a starter kit which includes 2 sets of knitting needles, a book entitled I Taught Myself How to Knit, a measurement ruler, a few more aluminum needle point things for which I still do not understand.  All I added was a ball of yarn.  There I went.
 
Since I was under the weather this weekend, I was able to finish a scarf.  Unfortunately, since this is my first project it is not worthy of gift status.  It looks good, with clean and neat stitches.  But since I was actively experimenting, I switched to smaller needles in the last quarter length of the scarf.  At first glance you wont notice the difference.  But under a microscope, one end is shorter in width than the other.  Oh well.
 
I'm off to another scarf....  this time, hopefully, it will get to gift status.  Well whether it will reach that status or not, it still will be a gift. Tough!
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts