After A Year

Lola Apo,

Its been a year since you passed. I still remember when I received mom's phone call. I have been praying for you almost everyday, have you heard? I know you are in a better place now and sometimes I envy you.

I know I have been calling on you lately, these past few days, weeks and month. I have been tugging at your duster even harder now. I just wish I could see what's up ahead for me, like maybe you do. I know you will not let me go to the deep end and that you will always look out for me. Thank you.

I miss you. I take comfort in the fact that you are hugging me every time I lay in my bed at night, whispering in my ear, everything's going to be all right. You are drying my tears when they flow. You make sure I get a good's night sleep all night long.

You know how I've had the urge to learn to ride a motorbike, or even just run, and I end up just riding my bike - all to feel the wind on my face. Because it feels good to me. Even for just a moment, I want to surrender myself to the wind, let myself be transported to another place and forget what I really feel.

Lola, keep me strong. Keep me going. Keep watching out for me, for all of us here.

I know you are in good company up there.

I miss you.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:55 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts