September 8, 2004

Just before ending the workday today, I got a call from my paralegal, Gale. She asks if I got my mail already. I said no and asked why. I also asked if I should sit down. She agreed, saying that would be best. She continues breaking the news to me - I got my Greencard! I hear her laugh, her congratulations, her joy, her excitement. I've never heard her this way before. Like a kid in a candy store. I, on the otherhand, am silent - stunned, stone, silent. She snaps me out of my silence, acknowledging the fact that she's never heard silence from me at all (in all of our conversations, I've always been on the defensive -asking why, how, what now, when, why, how....). She had to ask if I was hearing her and if I was happy. Gale, believe me I am. Four long years have come to fruition.

Today is also Mama Mary's birthday. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Today is the day that the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be glad!

Thank you!

Comments

  1. Congratulations!!! :o)

    I'm so happy for you. :o) That's great news indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Wow, we have to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts