Turning a New Leaf

It is so hot outside. You know summer is just around the corner. As the seasons change, I have undergone a few changes myself.

The biggest is at work. I have been promoted to Executive Assistant to the Mayor, Council & City Manager. Whew! Long title! Trust me, that doesn't mean anything except more hard work.

Today wraps up the first week at my new job. It was a fast week, to say the least. I cleaned my new office, had my first Council meeting with the big dogs, and just rolled on for the rest of the week trying to figure things out. It went by quickly for a five day work week.

It's nice to sit down and just look back. I spent almost 2 1/2 years in the Engineering & Building department. I made real good friends and enjoyed my job. I also endured a difficult supervisor that challenged me to no end. I had a boss who is a good engineer but a terrible manager. I've made great contacts and leaarned the operations of the City. These are the assets I bring to the new posititon. In the end, I think it turned out great.

Here I am turning a new leaf, looking forward to the work challenges that lay ahead, new people I will meet, new collegues to work with. It's good. As Ann would say, "Change is good."

Comments

Popular Posts