Running

I just came back from a run at the beach. Yup! You read that right - Renee is running at the beach. Jogging if you'd like, but still more than just walking. I laugh at myself at what I just accomplished. I remember at how I used to frown at the thought of running. I disliked it so much. But for whatever reason, my soul was craving to run and explore. Honestly, I think it is more of the latter that brought me to Cabrillo Beach.

The beach is no more than 3 miles away from home. I've been at my new home for over a month now and haven't really explored my new town. I'm getting embarassed to say "I don't know" when asked where to eat or where's the local so and so.

Cabrillo Beach is a very small beach compared to the other beaches in Southern California. In fact it is nothing compared to the rest. It is a little cove where more people fish than anything else. I like it though, as you don't have to deal with the crowds of beachcombers. The weather was warmer than yesterday with a slight breeze. The water was relatively calm for a late morning. There were a lot of birds lining the shore. Again, there were only a handful of people out. Nice!

As I was running, I realize this is where I live now. I can actually do this whenever I want. Then it hit - this is home, my new home. I'm here to enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts