It won't go away!

This is the 4th weekend I've been on a self-imposed exile in my bedroom. Cough has improved a whole lot. There are longer periods of silence now than ever before. But it still won't go away!

Called the doctor las week to get antibiotics. I'm on my last pills now. But it still won't go away!

I bought a warm mist humnidifier in the hopes of fully eradicating this leech. It helped me a lot by adding moisture in my room - especially with lessening static - but it still won't go away.

I forced myself to clean up my room a bit. This cough has gotten me looking at all things with germs in mind, as if I picked up new germ spectacles. I dragged myself to the laundromat to launder my big comforter and ALL my pillows. Precisely picking the hot, hot temprature, I sat there watching my laundry go round and round int he big machines. In my mind I kept repeating - die, germs, die! I dusted and I vacummed, continuously repeating my mantra - die, germs, die.

I embarrased myself a week ago at a seminar I attended. I still wonder why I didnt grab the seat at the back. I kept interrupting the seminar by getting up and coughing continuously outside. I continue to embarrass myself today at church. People I don't know come up to me to wish that I get well soon. People I don't know!

I wanted to do a lot more outside today, but I just didn't feel like it. For a brief moment today, I thought I was also coming down with the cold. Oh no! I'd like to attribute this to losing an hour of sleep due to daylight saving time. So I took my restless body to bed at midday and slept for a couple of hours. That did me good.

As I look forward to a 5-day work week, I am willing my body to make it through. I am already tired.

Comments

Popular Posts