Job hunting 2005

I continue to say I am blessed. The lay off was a good thing, no matter how I look at it. It's only been 8 month since I was knocking on doors looking for a job. So, I wasn't rooted enough in the last job that I am scared to go out again. Most people's reaction to my lay off was fear. They were afraid to go out and find another job. They grew big strong roots in the job they had that they can't even fathom going into another environment every morning with new people. I just had to laugh.

I actually enjoy it. I enjoy meeting new people, getting to know them and the environment they spend most of their time in. I enjoy getting to know new businesses and differentiating the best from the outstanding. I enjoy exploring new places, wondering if this will be the route I will be taking most of the time.

This time around, I have the opportunity to take my time. If I really will remains to be seen. But I can. I'm not in dire straits, I have unemployment checks to come. It is enough to cover my needs on a monthly basis. Because of this I can take the time to really pick out the companies I want and the jobs I want.

This does not give me the license to be complacent. Oh no! Not at all. Knowing myself, I will be bored by the 2nd month. But it is good to know I am not under any pressure. This is a blessing.

Comments

Popular Posts