NYC

It is Labor Day afternoon here and I just arrived from my little breakaway in New Jersy-New York a few hours ago. I am still in cloud nine, slowly coming down. I had a GREAT time!

The hustle, the bustle, the people in the streets, the blocks, the walking, the subways, the taxis, the restaurants, Broadway, Harlem, Central Park, the rain(!), the sunshine, the shoreline, the buildings.

Growing up I used to say I want to live in New York City. Having visited again (this is my 2nd trip) I have to say it is still my favorite place in the world. I still want to live there.

Saying this now actually scares me. Because now I can. I really can. Work is the only factor that is preventing me from doing so. Yet, if the time is right, it can happen. Scary and exciting to have your dreams come true.

These are the forks in one's life that greatly impact who, what, when, & where you will be, say, five years from now. Yet I smile at these forks in my life. I've had them before, and I smile because I like what I see now. I won't be where I am if it weren't for the forks I've passed. I've gotten used to these forks, too. Others dread the forks in their lives. It is, in reality, a life altering decision, some even a do or die situation. I've just learned to take it easy. I've learned that sometimes the road to take actually chooses you, not the other wat around. So I stop at the fork and let each road speak to me.

For now, I will have the hum of New York City at the back of my head. It will be my sanctuary in this day to day reality of mine. It is my escape, my refuge, of a City that exists in which I have experienced.

Comments

Popular Posts