Welcome Back, Sic!

I'm back but I've been stuck at home sick! Even before I left Manila, my throat has been sore. I was just nursing it with lozenges. Then I started coughing again on the plane. Saturday afternoon while running errands to keeep me awake, I noticed my eyes burning and my left eye having discharge. I thought I must be really tired. But when Sunday morning came and my eyes were shut closed, I knew there was more to this than tiredness.

I went to urgent care Sunday morning and the doctor diagnosed it as pink eye (sore eyes for those in Manila), a viral infection in my throat, and the cough was due to allergies. He presccribed eye drops and said the viral infection needs to take its coarse. He sugegsted taking a day or two off work first soa s not to spread anything, especially the pink eye. So I've called in sick these first 2 days of the week. I feel a lot better today and see progress with my eyes. I've been resting and sleeping because I do not want to call in sick anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts