Let Your Spirit Soar 1

Today, I had fun at the supermarket. It all started around the beginning of summer.

I was watching the news one weekend and saw a story on a woman who bought her groceries for $50 or less using coupons. I got intrigued because I used to clip coupons. Somehow along the road, I gave up because it didnt seem to be much of a savings as it has been promoted.

Yet here was this lady with a cart of OVERFLOWING goods, totaling about $145.00 +, and she only paid $45!!! All using coupons. She would save the whole coupon booklet that comes with the Sunday newspaper. When it was time to shop, she'd go online to www.cutouthunger.org, whose site has a listing of all the sale items at the different groceries that week. Combined with the grocery store's club card, and double coupons (Ralph's), there are a number of items that actually come out free!

The idea of the website is for you to use the coupons, buy the goods, and donate them to their organization to help them cut out hunger in the local communities.

So there I was at Ralph's, testing this lady's formula. I was singing and dancing to the store's piped in music, having fun. It's fun to save money. In the end, I cut my grocery bill in half, from $44+ to $20+. Got 2 big tubes of Colgate toothpastes for $0.49 each. They were priced at $2.49 each, minus my $1 coupon, doubled, $0.49 left. Got 3 boxes of Scotties tissue that were on sale at 3 for $3, minus my $1 coupon, doubled, paid a $1 for them. My 12 pack Quaker Oats Instant Oatmeal was on sale for $2.99, minus my $1 coupon, doubled, paid $0.99 for it! Not bad, not bad at all.

I need a little bit more practice, but it was a good start. Most importantly, I was having fun.

Let your spirit soar!

Comments

Popular Posts