Movie Marathon

Ha! Haven't written anything since April. Been busy with work and just living. I'm here right now because I am sick. Been sick since Friday. Took a half day off work and been holed up in my apartment the whole weekend, only coming up to take a walk to church early Sunday. Felt better Monday so I went to work, only to come back home that night feeling even lousier. So, I've called in sick yesterday and today. Guess who/what my nemesis is? The usual cough. I slept better last night but woke up spitting out all the phelgm that my upper back is aching (ans its not mucle aches). So I figured, back to bed, to get this over with.

It is an understatement to say that I am going stir crazy just being home. I've rented 6 movies since the eweekend and I am about tho finish the 6th today. Ont he bright side, it's wonderful to be able to catch up on movies that I've missed. Here's what I've seen, so far:

Cars - Cute and fun. Entertaining.
Pursuit of Happyness - Great, wonderful. Surprise of all was that I knew one of the Executive Producers of this movie. Mark Clayman was one of my clients when I was working at Petro Zillia. I'm happy for him. At the time I was working with him, he had a few small companies under his belt running at the same time. I'm glad somehting came out of it for him.
Little Miss Sunshine - Now, why this movie was a big buzz when it came out boggles my mind. I thought this movie was stupid. Reminded me a lot of American Beauty. Both films showed a very dysfunctional family and how they walk through thier world. I realized these movies reflect American life so accurately that people could relate to it, hence, it was a hit. And yes, American family life is quite *@#$#%$!! Boggles me...
Holiday - I'm always for a chick flick. Always...
The Queen - Wonderful insight on the humanity of the royals. Yes! They are like us, too. Duh!

Next on my DVD is A Good Year. Most likely another chickc flick. Most likely I'll like it...

Comments

Popular Posts