Rainy 2006

It is the second day of 2006 and we have been rained on since before 2005 bid us goodbye. It has been a long time since I've stayed home in the rain. It is half wonderful, half lethargic, and half boring staying home. But it is a great time remembering my growing up years.

Typhoon signal number 2 (or was it 3) necessitated us to stay home. I remember sitting by the window, watching the howling wind bend the palm trees at its waist, making it dance as it sways back and forth. I remember looking out the window for hours on end just mesmerized by Mother Nature. Funny, I still catch myself doing that to this day. I catch myself just staring and looking at the rain and the wind.

I've also elicited my sense of hearing to the team. I now listen very intently at the sounds the storms make against the roof, the windows, and the whole house. The tapping of the raindrops on my house tell me if it is a quiet storm or big knocks tell me it is a huge honker. The winds either whisper or wail with the rain.

One thing I have to really get used to is the cold the rain brings. Whoa! Another story all together. I remember specifically choosing to wear open toed sandals during the rain back home, as it is easier to dry my feet once indoors and out of the rain. And off I go with my normal day. Here, I have to bundle up with a hat and a scarf, a sweater and real good boots. Wet plus the cold make for the flu. Oh no! I don't want that.

Back home we beleive that the rain brings blessings. So to all of us, let's have a Blessed 2006!

Comments

Popular Posts